Healthy Oatmeal Blueberry Pancakes with Almond Flour
One weekend morning, I was craving some pancakes and remembered I still had some almond flour in the pantry since making the Paleo Cranberry Walnut Carrot Muffins (I love everything about that dish name). I decided to craft my own pancake recipe with the almond flour, adding oatmeal and blueberries as well.
See below for the recipe I came up with. Don't expect these to be the fluffiest pancakes you've ever tasted, the almond flour and oatmeal makes them a bit denser. That said, if you are looking for a healthy alternative to pancakes, give these a try.
- 1.5 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 TBS ground flax seed
- 2 TBS honey
1. Mix all the ingredients (but save 1/2 of the blueberries) in a bowl
2. Use an infusion or hand blender to create a pourable batter
3. Use griddle or pan to cook pancakes, 3-4 minutes per side
4. Top the pancakes with the remaining blueberries