Paleo Cranberry Carrot Muffins
I found this Paleo Cranberry Carrot Muffin recipe and just had to try it. My family is a big fan of carrot cake and I had some extra dried cranberries lying around so I chose to substitute those for the raisins in the recipe below. These muffins were made with almond flour but I don't think I sacrificed any moisture in the muffins by using it. See the recipe below and the original recipe link at the bottom of this post.
Yields: 9 muffins
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
· 2 cups almond flour
· 1/4 chopped walnuts
· 1/4 cup raisins
· 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
· 3 eggs
· 1 cup shredded carrots
· 1/4 cup honey
· 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
· 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease or line muffin tin.
2. Combine almond flour, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Combine eggs, carrots, honey, coconut oil, and apple cider vinegar in medium bowl. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
3. Use a large cookie scoop to fill muffin cups ¾ full.
4. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.